Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Daisies or Sweet Peas: The Outlawz Clean & Simple Challenge

Bright flowers, whose home is everywhere Bold in maternal nature's care And all the long year through the heir Of joy and sorrow, Methinks that there abides in thee Some concord with humanity, Given to no other flower I see The forest through.

Happy Sunday morning to one and all!
This week is my turn to post the CAS challenge at the Outlawz! I'm running a bit late but here it is!

According to the Old Farmer's Almanac "April's birth flower is the daisy which conveys innocence, loyal love, and purity. It is also a flower given between friends to keep a secret; the daisy means "I'll never tell."
The other April flower is the sweet pea. "Sweet peas signify blissful pleasure, but are also used to say good-bye."
April is a busy month for this gal as birthdays abound in our family so your challenge will be to create a BIRTHDAY card or project showcasing one of these lovely flowers. Your choice - Daisy or Sweet Pea - just have fun and keep it CAS

If you are not already a member of The Outlawz, membership is free.

My card!
Unless I can get them for a killer price, I will rarely purchase flowers that are packaged and sold for crafting because I think they are over priced. So when I need flowers, I will make a stop by the local dollar store and buy a stem and then deconstruct it. At the price, I get a lovely pile of flowers and leaves to play with.

That is where my daisy on this card came from. A dollar store stem. I added a little Prima paper flower and the pearl is from The Angel Company. I glued everything together then adhered to the card with a foam dimensional.



Size A2
ADDITONAL SUPPLIES
Card stock from Stampin Up!
Sentiment from Stampin Up! "Happiest of Birthdays"
"Leafy Branch" EF from Cuttlebug


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Very simple elegance at its best!! The embossing and the colors are wonderful!