Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Butterfly Hugs!

I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon. ~Author Unknown

While I appreciate the thought behind Valentines Day, I do not celebrate what I consider to be a "Hallmark Holiday" plus one should not be waiting for one day a year to show someone they are loved and appreciated. I don't buy a card for my husband and I certainly do not expect a card from him.

Now, that being said, because there are so many people out there who love and celebrate Valentines day, I do make them for the parents, aunts and a few friends and this card is one of them.


Supplies
Cards stock from The Paper Studio
DP from my stash
Sentiment from Inkahootz!
Ink from Stampin Up!
"Confetti" Embossing folder from CTMH
"Dottie Trim" die from CC Designs
"Butterflies" die from Stampin Up!
"Heart" die from Sizzix
Heart image from "Jubilation" from CTMH
Enamel dots - home made by me
Black floss - My stash

Thanks for stopping by!
(Hugs) Cara

I have entered this card into the following Challenge(s)

Great Impressions: Lovey Dovey (Valentine or Bird)

The Craft Place: Anything Goes

11 comments:

LilArtsyWoman said...

I don't know why cupid was chosen either...but I'm glad your cute little hands made such a beautiful card to warm someone's heart..it is gorgeous!

Christina Hor said...

Hi Cara. You sounds so much like my hubby. He refuses to celebrate anything that consider a "Hallmark Holiday" as well. So we don't celebrate Valentine and nether do any of our family. So it is one holiday I don't make a card for.

Another beautiful design and so sweet Cara. I just love a clean and simple white card with a single focal image. It really make a bold statement and bring out the beauty of this butterfly. This card also serve multiple occasions - birthday, just because and even as a get well card.

Hope your weekend is going better than mine Cara and thanks for another beautiful inspiration. Sending Hugs - Christina

Fikreta said...

wonderful card!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<
Fiki

Teresa Arsenault said...

Gorgeous card, Cara. I love the butterfly and the embossed strip.
hugs,
Teresa

Rannah Romps said...

My husband feels the same way about Hallmark holidays, so we don't celebrate either. That's ok, I have fun making the kids a Valentine card!!

Mynn xx said...

This is SO pretty, Cara! I adore the fun layering and fabulous clean feel! Thank you for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Very pretty card! I confess I'm glad hubby and I exchange cards and candy every year. I get a huge bag of peanut M&Ms. He gets Millionaires or Turtles. We'll be 29 years married in May. Kinda tradition by now, lol. xoxo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Cara, lovely card. Thanks for sharing it with us at That Craft Place and good luck with the challenge, Angela DT x

lulucker said...

Beautiful creation, I quite agree! why Cupid!!! Thank you for joing TCP Challenge. DTM Lu x

Lorie said...

This is such a beautiful card!
Thank you for playing along at the
Great Impressions stamps challenge!
Lorie, DT Member
www.live-love-laugh-create2.blogspot.com

pinky said...

Very pretty card Cara, love the layout. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky