Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Monday, February 15, 2016

Thoughts of You

You've got a lot of choices. If getting out of bed in the morning is a chore and you're not smiling on a regular basis, try another choice. 
--- Steven D. Woodhull, 1999 (U.S. geologist, b.1976) ---

And a Blessed Day this is everyone!
I hope you are all doing well today and always.

I received some sad news this weekend that the mother of a close family passed on to a better place and time.

I knew that she had been extremely ill for some time but it is still never easy to hear when loved ones, be they friends or family, have died.

So here is a card I made to send to her daughter and son.

I made the card based on the sketch on the left.


Supplies
Card stock from The Paper Studio & Stampin Up!
Design Paper from my Stash
Sentiment from Studio G
Ink from Close to My Heart
Yellow flower from Michael's
Small white flowers from my stash
Die: Floral Flourish from Spellbinders
Leave punch from Fiskars
Fern punch from Martha Stewart

Thanks for stopping by
(Hugs) Cara



3 comments:

Christina Hor said...

My condolence to family Cara. It truly is never easy when love one passes. But I know your friend's aching heart will lighten up a bit and a smile, however tiny may be, will appear when she see this beautiful heartfelt card of your Cara. What a gorgeous sketch and choice of floral and greenery. A blessings day to you Cara. Hugs, Christina

phillymam37 said...

Gorgeous card Cara and my sympathies go out to your friend and to you as well!!

Aimeslee Winans said...

What a tasteful card. Those are always difficult for me and I should probably just suck it up and make several to have on hand but I never can bring myself to. Prayers for your friends. xoxo, Aimeslee