Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

White on White ...

Poinsettias received their name in the United States in honor of Joel Roberts Poinsett, who introduced the plant into the country in 1828. Poinsett was a botanist, physician and the first United States Ambassador to Mexico. He sent cuttings of the plant he had discovered in Southern Mexico to his home in Charleston, South Carolina. The word Poinsettia is traditionally capitalized because it is named after a person.

Good morning ... today is the start of a new color challenge at The Outlawz. This is my week to post and our challenge this week is White on white with one neutral (black, brown, kraft) and one color of choice. The project must be mostly white with just touches of the allowed colors.

I chose the white on white because I love the look of  projects made with them. It doesn't matter if it has minimal elements or lots of layers, they always looks elegant and tidy. However, I struggle with them when trying to make them myself as I always want to add color somewhere! So baby steps right?

Here is my 5 x 7 card!




Cardstock from The Paper Studio and Stampin Up
Christmas Holly Damask embossing folder from Cricut
Christmas Joy stamp set from Close to My Heart
India ink from Memories
Layered Poinsettia die from Spellbinders
Pearls from my Stash
Pine Needle die from Gina Marie Designs
Stitched Heart die from Gine Marie Designs

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to head over to the Outlawz where a new challenge starts every day of the week! (Hugs) Cara

No comments: